TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tenant agrees as follows:
- RENT: The cardholder is the person responsible for the reservation and herein referred to as “Tenant”. Tenant agrees to pay 100% of total reservation amount plus a security option. Tenant must be 21 years of age or older. Select cabins require Tenant to be 25 years of age or older. If Tenant does not meet the age requirements the reservation will be cancelled. If a reservation is cancelled due to age requirement, Tenant is entitled to a full refund of the rental monies minus a cancellation fee of 25% when the arrival date is 30 days or more in the future. When the cancellation due to age requirement falls within 30 days of the arrival date, a 50% cancellation fee will apply. The advertising listing will indicate the minimum age requirement. Identity and payment verification are required for each reservation.
- OCCUPANCY: All occupants of the Rental must belong to the same household. Occupants belonging to a different household are considered unauthorized and will face eviction. The rental property is to be occupied by no more than the maximum number of guests allowed at the rental. The number for maximum occupancy shall include all adults and children above the age of 2 years old. Tenant may not exceed maximum occupancy at any time during the course of the stay. All persons, including children and pets, at the rental must be registered. Tenant may add/delete registered occupants and pets at any time prior to arrival by telephone or email. Any unregistered occupants will be considered unauthorized. Occupancy of the premises by any unauthorized occupants or vehicles is a violation of City Ordinance and a breach of this agreement which will result in financial penalties and potential eviction. A fee of $225.00 or one half of the nightly rate, whichever amount is greater, times the number of nights of the violation, will apply for each unauthorized occupant. If unauthorized occupants are found at the rental property, Tenant may be denied access to the Rental premises. A refund of the rental monies will be forfeited if Tenant is refused accommodations, or if Tenant occupancy privileges are relinquished, due to breach of contract. Grizzly Vacation Rentals reserves the right to enter the Rental during the rental term at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for purposes of inspecting the rental. If there is a probable cause to believe there is imminent danger to the Rental, or its Occupants, or if there is an instance of gross negligence, Grizzly Vacation Rentals may enter the Rental without previous notice. Tenant and all occupants agree to respect the neighborhood’s tranquility, abide by occupancy limits, dispose of trash properly, and park vehicles appropriately. Tenant is responsible of ensuring every occupant reads, understands and meets the Terms and Conditions listed in this Rental Agreement, plus any other third party Terms and Conditions governing the reservation
- PARKING: The Rental Property is to be occupied by no more than the maximum number of vehicles allowed at the rental. Tenant may not exceed maximum number of vehicles at any time during the course of the stay. Extra vehicles will be considered unauthorized and will be towed. On street parking of vehicles at this Rental is prohibited. City Ordinance No # 93.237: During snow conditions, vehicles must not be left stopped, parked, abandoned or otherwise unattended on any street in the City. A fee of $150.00 per vehicle, times the number of nights of the violation, will apply to each unauthorized vehicle in addition to towing fees.
- PETS: If the advertising listing indicates pets are not allowed, Tenant may not have any pets at the rental premises at any time during the course of the stay. If the Rental is pet-friendly an additional pet fee will apply. Besides dogs, no other pets of any other animal specie are allowed at the Rental i.e. cats, rodents, birds, reptiles, and insects. Any pet at a Rental that is not pet friendly is considered unauthorized. All dogs at the Rental must be registered. Tenant may add/delete registered dogs at any time prior to arrival by telephone or email. Any unregistered dogs will be considered unauthorized. Tenant agrees to be responsible for a fee of $275.00 or one half of the nightly rate, whichever amount is greater, times the number of nights of the violation, for each unauthorized pet. Dogs are allowed inside the home but not on the furniture or beds. It is highly recommended that dogs are never left outside without supervision. Any dog outside of a fenced yard area should be on a leash according to City Ordinance. Local wildlife such as Coyotes are known to target small house pets. Please do not leave pets unattended in the Rental for long periods of time. If the Rental has a lawn, do not allow pets to urinate on the lawn. Dog urine kills grass. Noises must be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm to 8am. Tenant is responsible for the cost of any extra cleaning services and/or damage associated with the Tenant’s or Occupant’s pets i.e. carpet cleaning, landscape services, contractor work. Tenant is responsible for the removal of pet waste. Removal of animal waste is charged at $40 per hour with a one hour minimum.
- DAMAGE PROTECTION: A security deposit will be collected for each reservation. Grizzly Vacation Rentals may use all or any portion of the security deposit reasonably necessary to (a) cure Tenant’s default in payment of rent or other sums due; (b) repair damages caused by Tenant or by an Occupant; (c) replace or return of personal property, excluding ordinary wear and tear; (d) secure payment for penalties incurred due to a breach of this rental agreement at the discretion of Grizzly Vacation Rentals. The full terms regarding security deposit will be posted on the advertising listing. If damage for which Tenant or an Occupant is responsible exceeds the amount of the security deposit, Tenant is financially responsible for the extra difference and authorizes Grizzly Vacation Rentals to seek payment in any way available, including but not limited to, charging the credit card on file.
- USE: Tenant and Occupants shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the premises. Noises must be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm to 8am. First contact for a disturbance will result in a fine of $50.00. Second contact for a disturbance will result in a fine of $300.00. Third disturbance call will result in eviction from the home without refund of rental monies. Tenant shall not hold Grizzly Vacation Rentals liable for personal property lost or left behind. Tenant and Occupants may not change, move, or rearrange the layout of the furniture at the property. A charge of $40 per hour times the number of hours needed to bring furniture back to its original location will be applied if furniture is changed, moved, or rearranged. Smoking is forbidden inside the home or any other indoor facilities. Absolutely no pets unless the property is pet friendly. See Paragraph 4 for more details on pets. Any violation of smoking will result in a fee of $250.00. Tenant agrees to close and lock doors and windows when not present at the rental and upon check-out. Rooms, closets, cabinets, and other spaces that are locked, or have blocked access are to be considered off limits. Tenant and Occupants may not tamper with any locks in order to gain access to areas that are off limits. The use of items found inside areas that are off limits is considered a breach of contract. Tenant is financially responsible for replacing damaged locks, doors or cabinets that are tampered with plus a $75 handling fee. Tenant is responsible for the cost of any missing, damaged or used item located inside or in off limit areas.
- REFRIGERATOR: It’s highly recommended all food is purchased locally to avoid spoilage. Even the most modern refrigerators can take an extended amount of time to cool down when they’re filled up with warm food, or food at room temperature, causing spoilage. Tenant agrees to be financially responsible for the cost of the service call, if an appliance technician is called out to inspect the refrigerator and no malfunction to the unit is found. Grizzly Vacation Rentals will not reimburse Tenant for spoiled food.
- SPA/HOT TUB: The Rental will not have a hot tub unit unless it is indicated on the advertising listing. If the Rental has a hot tub, use of the hot tub is forbidden between the hours of 10pm and 7am. There is a $125 minimum charge for dirty spas/hot tubs requiring a drain and refill. A $200 minimum charge for spas/hot tubs requiring draining, cleaning and refill due to bacteria. Additional charges for filters will apply if needed. Tenant agrees not use soaps, shampoos, bubble bath or any product that creates suds as this can damage the spa/hot tub. The chemical balance of a spa/hot tub is constantly measured and can change due to alcohol, urine, cleaning materials, lotions, etc. and can easily trigger the necessity for a drain, refill and scrub. Tenant agrees to maintain the hot tub unit properly covered whenever it is not in use. A penalty of $15.00 per hour will apply if the hot tub remains unused and uncovered for longer than 5 hours.
- AMENITIES: The amenities of the Rental Property are posted on the advertising listing. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for providing amenities that are not posted. Amenities can change without prior notice at any time. Tenant is responsible for checking that the Rental Property has the desired amenities prior to booking.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Fire extinguishers are available at the Rental Property in compliance with safety regulations. Fire extinguishers are to be used in case of a fire emergency. Improper use of a fire extinguisher includes but it’s not limited to: using fire extinguisher to put out a normal fire in a fireplace, BBQ, firepit, or discharging a fire extinguisher in a playful manner that does not involve a fire emergency. Tenant is financially responsible for improper use of a fire extinguisher. A fee of $75.00 per extinguisher will apply if improperly used, plus the cleaning fee will be doubled if extinguisher powder is found.
- FIREPLACE: The advertising listing will indicate whether the rental has a fireplace available. Do not burn any combustible material in any gas fireplace as this could damage the gas lines. Only burn wood and fireplace-safe materials like fire starters in a wood-burning fireplace. Do not remove hot ashes from the fireplace. If ashes are completely cold you may use the aluminum can provided to dispose of them. Do not dispose of ashes or burned logs outside even during snow conditions. Firewood is not provided.
- OUTDOOR AREAS: Tenant and Occupants may not contaminate, dump, dispose of, spill trash or other contaminants in the outdoor areas of the rental property including but not limited to: cigarette butts, grease, burned logs, ashes, food, drinks, trash, dog waste, vomit, human waste, confetti, oil. A charge of $40 per hour times the number of hours needed to clean the yard will be applied if contaminants are found. The advertising listing will indicate whether the rental has a BBQ available. BBQs are to be used in it’s designated area at the rental. Charcoal or woodchips are not to be used in propane BBQ’s. Personal BBQ’s, hibachi’s, portable fire pits or open fires are strictly forbidden and will result in a fine of $200.
- TOWELS AND LINENS: Tenant and Occupants may not use the provided towels and linens in a way that could leave them ripped, permanently stained, deformed, burned, or severely deteriorated. Tenant is financially responsible for the cost of replacement of towels, linens, and other bedding that is stained, ripped, or otherwise rendered unusable, during the stay.
- AIR CONDITIONING: The Rental will not have air conditioning unless it is indicated on the advertising listing. Due to the mild climate in Big Bear most rentals are not equipped with an air conditioning unit. Please note that most homes in our city are built this way. If the Rental does not have AC installed do not set thermostat to the A/C or “COOL” setting. Doing so could cause the fan motor to run indefinitely and burn out.
- CLEANING: After your stay the Rental will be inspected, and our cleaning service will perform a departure clean. Tenant agrees to leave the rental picked up upon check-out. Tenant does not need to make used beds. Tenant must gather all dirty towels together and leave dirty dishes clean. Dishes can be left outside of the cupboards drying or inside dishwasher, if available, with the cycle started. Wet or dirty dishes must not be put away in cupboards. There is a separate charge of $50.00 for dirty dishes or dishes that were put inside cupboards wet. Tenant must take trash their trash to one of the local disposal sites. Disposal site address will be available at the rental. Do not leave any trash inside or around the outside of the home. There is a separate charge of $50.00 for trash left behind for the first 2 bags, plus $15.00 for each additional bag. In addition, if the home is left excessively dirty or in disarray or the furniture has been moved the cleaning fee will be doubled. Do not remove ashes from fireplace upon departure. Our cleaning crew will remove the ashes safely at no additional cost. Removing hot ashes from the fireplace can cause significant damage. Tenant is responsible for a fee of up to $250.00 for smoking indoors.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in time is at 3:00pm on the day of arrival. The check-in time during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday period is at 4:00pm no exceptions. Tenant is required to follow the check-in instructions provided in their confirmation email. The confirmation email has the address of the rental, check-in instructions and any other information pertaining to check-in.
- CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is at 10:00am on the day of departure. Tenant and Occupants agree to fully vacate the premises of the Rental by check-out time. There will be a $50 fee per every half an hour Tenant and/or Occupants remain at the premises past check-out time. Before departing the rental, Tenant is responsible for closing and locking all doors and windows. Tenant must turn off all inside and outside lights. During the cold season Tenant is required to set the furnace thermostat to 55 degrees with the settings ‘Heat’ and ‘Auto’ if applicable. Furnace thermostat must never be turned off. See paragraph 15 for details on cleaning requirements for check-out. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for forgotten or lost personal items left at the rental. Items left behind may be shipped back to you upon request. Tenant is responsible for the cost of shipping plus a $25.00 handling fee. Shipping cost will be charged to the card provided on the rental agreement. Shipping may take up to two weeks or more. Upon departure Tenant is required to put the key for the rental back in the lockbox provided. Tenant is financially responsible for the replacement of missing keys, damaged locks, damaged or missing lockboxes, garage openers, plus a $25.00 handling fee. A copy of these check-out instructions is provided at the rental.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS: Tenant and Occupants agree to comply with all rules or regulations posted on the premises or delivered to Tenant by Grizzly Vacation Rentals, including but not limited to the rental’s ‘House Guide’.
- UTILITIES AND EXTRA SERVICES: Tenant agrees to pay for the total cost of all additional services hired by Tenant and/or Occupants, plus a $25.00 handling fee. The services include but are not limited to: long distance telephone calls, pay-per-view events, additional subscription tiers to streaming services, charged during occupancy of the rental. Tenant is financially responsible for any fines issued by police, other government officials or agencies, utility providers, and/or homeowner associations for violation of any law, ordinance, or rule during the stay, and any damages that result from the violation. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for loss of utility services during stay due to reasons outside of our control including but not limited to service outages, technical malfunction of provider’s infrastructure or equipment. Tenant acknowledges that no refund or any other form of compensation will be given due to utility outages.
- INTERNET SERVICE: The Rental will not have an internet connection unless it is indicated on the advertising listing. If any unauthorized use of the Rental’s internet connection service occurs during the period of your stay, Tenant acknowledges we may share your contact information with the Internet Service Provider or any other party we reasonably believe has enforcement rights. This prohibition extends to use of the Rental’s internet service, if any, for criminal activity, including but not limited to unlawful downloads of copyrighted materials, including movies, music, software, or other material. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for loss of service during stay due to reasons outside of our control including but not limited to power outages, service outages, technical malfunction of provider’s infrastructure or equipment. Tenant acknowledges that no refund or any other form of compensation will be given due to internet outages.
- CANCELLATION: If reservation is made within 60 days from arrival date, reservation is non-cancelable and non-refundable. If reservation is more than 60 days from arrival date, tenant may cancel and receive full refund of rental monies minus 10% of the total cost of the reservation or minus $100.00 (whichever is greater). We ask that you are fully committed to the reservation prior to booking. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals, early departures, or no shows. Grizzly Vacation Rentals reserves the right to cancel any reservation.
- SNOW REMOVAL: Tenant acknowledges the possibility of snow conditions during the stay which could create additional hardships. Tenant and Occupants may need to deal with deep snow, icy grounds, cold weather, and potential blackouts. Snow plows are dispatched only after 4-6 inches of accumulation has occurred and removal is based on city and snow removal company’s schedules and routes. These routes are outside the control of Grizzly Vacation Rentals. Snowplowing done by snow removal companies includes only clearing the parking area. Each cabin is supplied with at least one snow shovel. City plows may inadvertently leave a berm or a small snow bank across driveway which may impede access to the house until removed by the Tenant and Occupants. Issues or delays may arise if snow fall occurs close to your arrival or check-in, so please watch the weather and be prepared. Tenant and Occupants are responsible for all snow removal during the stay and no credits will be issued due to the inconvenience or issues caused by snow conditions.
- FILMING/PHOTOGRAPHY: Any filming and/or photography to be used for commercial use is prohibited unless all the proper authorizations and permits are obtained. Grizzly Vacation Rentals must be notified of intent and copies of signed permits must be provided prior to check in. Additional fees and security deposit may be required.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no case shall Grizzly Vacation Rentals, nor its affiliates, homeowners, officers, directors, employees, agents, or owners, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, or for any damages for death, personal or bodily injury, emotional distress, or damage to property, arising out of or in connection with your stay at the property. This limitation applies to all claims for damages whether based on a theory of warranty, contract, tort (including ordinary negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, even if Grizzly Vacation Rentals has been advised of the possibility of such damage and even if the limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Tenant has read the foregoing prior to execution and acknowledge receipt of a copy. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in addition to any other relief awarded.
Personal identification information. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we protect your information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.