TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tenant agrees as follows:
1. RENT: Tenant agrees to pay 100% of total reservation amount plus a security option. Tenant must be 21 years of age or older. Select cabins require Tenant to be 25 years of age or older. The advertising listing will indicate the minimum age requirement. Identity and payment verification are required for each reservation.
2. OCCUPANCY: The rental property is to be occupied by no more than the number of guests indicated in the listing. The number for maximum occupancy includes adults and children above the age of 2 years old. Tenant may not exceed maximum occupancy at any time during the course of the stay. Occupancy of the premises by any unauthorized guests or vehicles is a violation of City Ordinance and a breach of this agreement which will result in financial penalties and potential eviction. All persons, including children and pets, staying at this vacation rental must be registered. You are welcome to add/delete registered occupants and pets at any time prior to your arrival by telephone or email. Any unregistered occupants will be considered unauthorized. If you are found to have unauthorized or additional occupants staying at the rental property, you are in breach of contract and may be denied access to the rental premises. No refund will be issued if you are refused accommodations, or if your occupancy privileges are relinquished, due to breach of contract. Grizzly Vacation Rentals reserves the right to enter the Rental during the rental term at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for purposes of inspecting the rental. If there is a probable cause to believe there is imminent danger to the Rental, or its Occupants, or if there is an instance of gross negligence, Grizzly Vacation Rentals may enter the Rental without previous notice. Please respect the neighborhood’s tranquility, abide by occupancy limits, dispose of trash properly, and park your cars appropriately.
3. PARKING: The Rental Property is to be occupied by no more than the number of vehicles indicated in the listing. Tenant may not exceed maximum number of vehicles at any time during the course of the stay. Extra vehicles will be considered unauthorized. Parking passes will be left at the Rental for your vehicles and are to be placed on the driver’s dashboard where they are visible. Parking permits must always be displayed while you are parked on the rental premises. On street parking of vehicles at this rental property is prohibited between the hours of 11pm to 6am. City Ordinance No # 93.237: During snow conditions, vehicles must not be left stopped, parked, abandoned or otherwise unattended on any street in the City. Please note that vehicles parked in violations will be ticketed and are subject to immediate towing.
4. PETS: If the advertising listing indicates pets are not allowed, you may not have any pets at the rental premises at any time during the course of the stay. Unauthorized pets in a rental that is not pet-friendly will result in extra charges of $200.00. If the advertising listing indicates pets are allowed they must be disclosed prior to arrival. This includes service dogs. All dogs staying at this vacation rental must be registered. An additional pet-fee may apply. Besides dogs, no other animal species are allowed at this Rental i.e. cats, rodents, birds, reptiles, and insects. Pets are allowed inside the home but not on the furniture or beds. It is highly recommended that dogs are never left outside without supervision. Any dog outside of a fenced yard area should be on a leash according to City Ordinance. Local wildlife such as Coyotes are known to target small house pets. Please do not leave pets unattended in the Rental for long periods of time. If the Rental has a lawn, please do not allow pets to urinate on the lawn. Dog urine kills grass. Noises must be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm to 8am. Tenant is responsible for the cost of any extra cleaning services and/or damage associated with the Tenant’s or Occupant’s pets i.e. carpet cleaning, landscape services, contractor work. Tenant is responsible for the removal of pet waste. Removal of animal waste is charged at $40 per hour with a one hour minimum.
5. DAMAGE PROTECTION. A security deposit will be collected for each reservation. Grizzly Vacation Rentals may use all or any portion of the security deposit reasonably necessary to (a) cure Tenant’s default in payment of rent or other sums due; (b) repair damages caused by Tenant or by an Occupant; (c) replace or return of personal property, excluding ordinary wear and tear; (d) secure payment for penalties incurred due to a breach of this rental agreement at the discretion of Grizzly Vacation Rentals. No later than (3) weeks after the check-out date, Grizzly Vacation Rentals shall furnish Tenant an itemized statement of the basis for, and the amount of, any security received and the disposition of the security and shall return any remaining portion of the security deposit to Tenant via check. If damage for which Tenant or an Occupant is responsible exceeds the amount of the security deposit, Tenant is financially responsible for the extra difference and authorizes Grizzly Vacation Rentals to seek payment in any way available, including but not limited to, charging the credit card on file.
6. USE: Tenant and Occupants shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the premises. Noises must be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm to 8am. First contact for a disturbance will result in a fine of $25.00. Second contact for a disturbance will result in a fine of $300.00. Third disturbance call will result in eviction from the home without refund of rental monies. Tenant shall not hold Grizzly Vacation Rentals liable for personal property lost or left behind. Tenant and Occupants may not change, move, or rearrange the layout of the furniture at the property. A charge of $30 per hour times the number of hours needed to bring furniture back to its original location will be applied is furniture is left in disarray. Smoking is forbidden inside the home or any other indoor facilities. Absolutely no pets unless previously arranged. Any violation of smoking or pet rule will result in a fine of up to $200.00. Tenant agrees to close and lock doors and windows when not present at the rental and upon check-out. Rooms, closets, cabinets, and other spaces that are locked, or have blocked access are to be considered off limits. Tenant and Occupants may not tamper with any locks in order to gain access to areas that are off limits. The use of items found inside areas that are off limits is considered a breach of contract.
7. REFRIGERATOR: It’s highly recommended all food is purchased locally to avoid spoilage. Even the most modern refrigerators can take an extended amount of time to cool down when they’re filled up with warm food, or food at room temperature, causing spoilage. Tenant agrees to be financially responsible for the cost of the service call, if an appliance technician is called out to inspect the refrigerator and no malfunction to the unit is found. Grizzly Vacation Rentals will not reimburse Tenant for spoiled food.
8. SPA/HOT TUB: The advertising listing will indicate whether the rental has a spa/hot tub available. There is a $75 minimum charge for dirty spas/hot tubs requiring a drain and refill. A $200 minimum charge for spas/hot tubs requiring draining, cleaning and refill due to bacteria. Additional charges for filters will apply if needed. Do not use soaps, shampoos, bubble bath or any product that creates suds as this can damage the spa/hot tub. The chemical balance of a spa/hot tub is constantly measured and can change due to alcohol, urine, cleaning materials, lotions, etc. and can easily trigger the necessity for a drain, refill and scrub.
9. AMENITIES: The amenities of the Rental Property are posted on the advertising listing. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for providing amenities that are not posted. Tenant is responsible for checking that the Rental Property has the desired amenities prior to booking. Amenities might change without prior notice.
10. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: Fire extinguishers are available at the Rental Property in compliance with safety regulations. Fire extinguishers are to be used in case of a fire emergency. Improper use of a fire extinguisher includes but it’s not limited to: using fire extinguisher to put out a normal fire in a fireplace, BBQ, firepit, or discharging a fire extinguisher in a playful manner that does not involve a fire emergency. Tenant is financially responsible for improper use of a fire extinguisher. A fee of $75.00 per extinguisher will apply if improperly used, plus the cleaning fee will be doubled if extinguisher powder is found.
11. FIREPLACE: The advertising listing will indicate whether the rental has a fireplace available. Do not burn any combustible material in any gas fireplace as this could damage the gas lines. Only burn wood and fireplace-safe materials like fire starters in a wood-burning fireplace. Do not remove hot ashes from fireplace. If ashes are completely cold you may use the aluminum can provided to dispose of them. Do not dispose of ashes or burned logs outside even during snow conditions. Firewood is not provided.
12. OUTDOOR AREAS: Tenant and Occupants may not contaminate, dump, dispose of, spill trash or other contaminants in the outdoor areas of the rental property including but not limited to: cigarette butts, grease, burned logs, ashes, food, drinks, trash, dog waste, vomit, human waste, confetti, oil. A charge of $40 per hour times the number of hours needed to clean the yard will be applied if contaminants are found. The advertising listing will indicate whether the rental has a BBQ available. Please only use the provided BBQ in its designated area. Personal BBQ’s, hibachi’s, portable fire pits or open fires are strictly forbidden and could result in a fine of up to $200.
13. TOWELS AND LINENS: Tenant and Occupants may not use the provided towels and linens in a way that could leave them ripped, permanently stained, deformed, burned, or severely deteriorated. Tenant is financially responsible for the cost of replacement of towels, linens, and other bedding that is stained, ripped, or otherwise rendered unusable, during the stay.
14. AIR CONDITIONING: The advertising listing will indicate whether the Rental has AC available. Due to the mild climate in Big Bear most rentals are not equipped with an air conditioning unit. Please note that most homes in our city are built this way. If the Rental does not have AC installed do not set thermostat to the A/C or “COOL” setting. Doing so could cause the fan motor to run indefinitely and burn out.
15. CLEANING: After your stay the Rental will be inspected, and our cleaning service will perform a departure clean. Tenant agrees to leave the rental picked up. Do not make used beds. Gather all towels together. Leave dirty dishes cleaned. Do not put away wet dishes inside cupboards. Dishes can be left outside of the cupboards drying or inside dishwasher, if available, with the cycle started. There is a separate charge of $50.00 for dirty dishes. Tenant must take trash at the end of stay to one of the local disposal sites. Do not leave any trash inside or around the outside of the home. There is a separate charge of $50.00 for excessive amounts of trash. In addition, if the home is left excessively dirty or in disarray or the furniture has been moved the cleaning fee will be doubled. Do not remove ashes from fireplace upon departure. Our cleaning crew will remove the ashes safely at no additional cost. Removing hot ashes from the fireplace can cause significant damage. Tenant is responsible for a fee of up to $200.00 for smoking indoors or having unauthorized pets.
16. CHECK-IN: Check-in time is at 3:00pm on the day of arrival. The check-in time during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday period is at 4:00pm no exceptions. Tenant is required to check-in at “All Protection Alarm” 41937 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315 prior to going to the rental property. The check-in office closes at 5:00pm. Tenant is required to bring a valid photo ID at the check-in office. Only the person in charge of the reservation will be allowed to check-in. For after hours arrivals, contact us for more details.
17. CHECK-OUT: Check-out time is at 10:00am on the day of departure. Tenant and Occupants agrees to fully vacate the premises of the Rental by check-out time. Make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked. Turn off all the lights. Do not turn furnace thermostat off. During cold season set thermostat to 55 degrees with the settings ‘Heat’ and ‘Auto’ before departing the rental. See paragraph 15 for details on cleaning. Check the house for forgotten personal items. Items left behind can be shipped back to you upon request. Tenant will be responsible for the cost of shipping plus a $25.00 handling fee. Tenant is required to put the key for the rental back in the lockbox provided and follow the check-out instructions provided. Tenant is financially responsible for the replacement of missing keys, damaged locks, damaged or missing lockboxes, garage openers, plus a $25.00 handling fee.
18. RULES AND REGULATIONS: Tenant and Occupants agree to comply with all rules or regulations posted on the premises or delivered to Tenant by Grizzly Vacation Rentals, including but not limited to the rental’s ‘House Guide’.
19. UTILITIES AND EXTRA SERVICES: Tenant agrees to pay for the total cost of all additional services hired by Tenant and/or his Occupants, plus a $20.00 handling fee. The services include but are not limited to: long distance telephone calls, pay-per-view events, additional subscription tiers to streaming services, charged during occupancy of the rental. Tenant is financially responsible for any fines issued by police, other government officials or agencies, utility providers, and/or homeowner associations for violation of any law, ordinance, or rule during the stay, and any damages that result from the violation. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for loss of utility services during stay due to reasons outside of our control including but not limited to service outages, technical malfunction of provider’s infrastructure or equipment.
20. INTERNET SERVICE: The advertising listing will indicate whether the Rental has an internet connection available. Grizzly Vacation Rentals is not responsible for loss of service during stay due to reasons outside of our control including but not limited to power outages, service outages, technical malfunction of provider’s infrastructure or equipment. If any unauthorized use of the Rental’s internet connection service occurs during the period of your stay, Tenant acknowledges we may share your contact information with the Internet Service Provider or any other party we reasonably believe has enforcement rights. This prohibition extends to use of the Rental’s internet service, if any, for criminal activity, including but not limited to unlawful downloads of copyrighted materials, including movies, music, software, or other material.
21. CANCELLATION: If reservation is made within 60 days from arrival date, reservation is non-cancelable and non-refundable. If reservation is more than 60 days from arrival date, tenant may cancel and receive full refund of rental monies minus 10% of the total cost of the reservation or minus $100.00 (whichever is greater). We ask that you are fully committed to the reservation prior to booking. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals, early departures, or no shows. Grizzly Vacation Rentals reserves the right to cancel any reservation.
22. SNOW REMOVAL: Snow plows are dispatched only after 4-6 inches of accumulation has occurred and removal is based on city and snow removal company’s schedules and routes. These routes are outside the control of Grizzly Vacation Rentals. Snowplowing done by snow removal companies includes only clearing the parking area and access to the front door. Each cabin is supplied with at least one shovel. City plows may inadvertently leave a berm or a small snow bank across driveway which may impede access to the house until removed by the Tenant and Occupants. Issues or delays may arise if snow fall occurs close to your arrival or check-in, so please watch the weather and be prepared. Tenant and Occupants are responsible for snow removal during the stay and no credits will be issued due to the inconvenience or issues.
23. FILMING/PHOTOGRAPHY: Any filming and/or photography to be used for commercial use is prohibited unless all the proper authorizations and permits are obtained. Grizzly Vacation Rentals must be notified of intent and copies of signed permits must be provided prior to check in. Additional fees and security deposit may be required.
24. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no case shall Grizzly Vacation Rentals, nor its affiliates, homeowners, officers, directors, employees, agents, or owners, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, or for any damages for death, personal or bodily injury, emotional distress, or damage to property, arising out of or in connection with your stay at the property. This limitation applies to all claims for damages whether based on a theory of warranty, contract, tort (including ordinary negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, even if Grizzly Vacation Rentals has been advised of the possibility of such damage and even if the limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
25. ACKNOWLEDGMENT: Tenant has read the foregoing prior to execution and acknowledge receipt of a copy. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in addition to any other relief awarded.
Personal identification information. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.. Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we protect your information. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.